The nomination form is at the bottom of this page.
Please read further for specific criteria and selection measures.
Click here to be taken directly to the application.
Candidates should be committed to leadership in North Carolina, model humility and continuous learning, and be courageous risk takers seeking to create innovation through their work in the world.
Candidates for selection must 1) be a North Carolina resident, and 2) have at least five years of leadership experience in the private, public, nonprofit, and/or as part of communities not connected to any of these sectors. Candidates may submit an application and then request to have the nomination form submitted by someone who is either connected with the William C. Friday Fellowship and/or is meaningfully connected to their work in the world. Alternatively, those candidates who are nominated initially will be notified and encouraged to complete an application to be considered for the cohort.
The nomination criteria for Cohort 10 is as follows:
- Candidates are ready to take the next step in their leadership practice.
- Candidates have maximized resources and experiences available to them in their local and regional contexts to the best of their ability.
- Candidates are curious about their communities and the world.
- Candidates demonstrate courage in their lives and in their communities.
- Candidates are resilient.
- Candidates are important to the future of your region.
As you prepare to nominate candidates, please be aware of the following selection measures that will be applied throughout the Fellow selection process:
- Evidence of sustained efforts that benefit the collective good of North Carolina.
- Evidence of a consistent desire to learn and a general sense of curiosity.
- Evidence of courage and resilience in leadership.
- Evidence of awareness of their leadership contribution and learning needs.
Please answer the following three questions regarding your candidate at the end of the nomination form below. (You may want to write these down to refer to later. We also recommend typing them into your word processor and then copying and pasting them into the provided text box. An ideal answer is around 500 words, approximately one page, per question.)
Question One: Why is the William C. Friday Fellowship the right next step for this candidate's leadership practice and learning?
Question Two: Describe a time when this candidate was a part of something important to you and/or to others. Tell us about the role they played.
Question Three: What is this candidate leading and/or creating now? Why?
Each candidate must be submitted individually. To nominate multiple individuals, click submit after the first. Follow the link at the bottom of the automatic acknowledgement that pops up.
We truly appreciate your time completing this nomination form and your commitment to human relations leadership!